Certificates by group

Certificates by group

by michael govar -
Number of replies: 8
To start I love the certificate module... thanks to all how have worked on it!!!

I have my courses separated with separate groups. When I pull the view issued certificates report I see my group selections, but anything non-editing teacher and up can see all of the users certificates. No matter the group any issued certificates are shown. They don't seem to group...?

I've looked through the permissions but have had no luck fixing.

If there is a way to display certificates by group for the my certificates block I could use that instead as well.

Any ideas on how to fix?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to michael govar

Re: Certificates by group

by michael govar -
Just checking back 2 see if anyone has any ideas...?

by Kevin Freeborn -
I am also hoping to get this to work. As far as I can tell this is a bug not settings on your part.
In reply to Kevin Freeborn

by Daniel Costa -
Yes, I also think it's a bug. And would be very very nice to see it resolved.Other thing very nice would be restrict a certificate to an specific group.

Cheers

by Raymond Fürst -
Me too. Selecting groups works fine, but the filter fails.
In reply to Raymond Fürst

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Okay, I've fixed this for 1.9. It takes awhile for the fixes to go into the zip that gets downloaded from the Modules and Plugins page. If you would like to get the changes now, you can get the fixed files from cvs:

http://cvs.moodle.org/contrib/plugins/mod/certificate/?pathrev=MOODLE_19_STABLE

The two fixed files are lib.php and report.php.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Daniel Costa -
Hi Chardelle,

first of all thank's for your great work with this module.

Yes, now I can filter a certificate issued by group. Thank's. BTW I still think would be very useful the capability to restrict a certificate to a certain group.

Cheers