geogebra in moodle as homework for students

geogebra in moodle as homework for students

by Correu Mates -
Number of replies: 5
Hello, everybody,

I've inserted a geogebra file in a moodle course, but I would like my students to modify it and send the result to the teacher of the course. The problem is that the student must save the file in his hard disk and then send it.

Could anybody tell me how can I insert a ggb file so that the student could send the result without saving it in his computer?
This would avoid students "copying" their files and not doing de homework themselves...

Thank you very much in advance!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Correu Mates

Re: geogebra in moodle as homework for students

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I hope in the next version of STACK (release Easter 2010 ?) to include GeoGebra worksheets as an "interaction element". The teacher can include a worksheet within a question, the student then interacts with this to create a certain configuration. STACK then interrogates the applet with JavaScript

This isn't the answer you wanted, and the code isn't ready yet! But you might be interested in Markus's article about this kind of thing.

http://www.maa.org/joma/Volume7/Hohenwarter2/javascript.html

Chris

In reply to Christopher Sangwin

by Correu Mates -

Thank you very much!

In the geogebra forum I've obtained the same response.

The problem is that even when they use STACK for interrogate applet with Java Script, I don't know if it will be able to save geometric constructions, as well as worksheets...

At the moment we'll need to trust on our students!

In reply to Correu Mates

by Marc Grober -
Not geogebra based, but you can add the geonext applet to htmlarea and use it to have students insert geonext file into assignment, displaying results with geonext or jsxgraph.
In reply to Marc Grober

by Jeff Forssell -
Another non-geobra alternative is Physics Applets for Drawing (PADs) that I have mentioned in some other threads . PADs don't have any prepared Moodle module but does have a suite of java applets that are accessed by Javascript for evaluating and feedback. They have the advantage of creating an answer string that can recreate the students graphical answer. The answer can be: a function with straight segments, curves (approximated by a polynomial), vectors, points, bargraphs, placed and stretched images, even imitating a movement.
In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Paola Manzini -

I am resurrecting this thread as this PAD suite seems very interesting - in my case, I'd like to be able to ask students to draw the graph of, say, a straight line and for the applet to automatically compare whether the answer is correct or not, and provide feedback - one thing I am not clear, though, is how to use it: I've seen the page, but there is no software for me to download (easy, I am not that computer literate ;) ). So how should I go about creating such applets, or put it differently, how do I get graphPAD? Apologies if this sounds like a basic question, but I am a total beginner struggling to get ready for the start of term!