Question lists that total answers, then results have different meanings

Question lists that total answers, then results have different meanings

by queen sharbot -
Number of replies: 6
For lessons that have a list of items that need to be given a value and then the total value for all questions points to a specific meaning - how do you do this in Moodle and keep the response on the server for the student to go back to and review? Example:

Give each item a score between 1 - 5, with the value of 1 being Would Never Do and the value of 5 being Would Always Do.

a. I brush my teeth each morning (student chooses numeric value 1,2,3,4,or 5)

b. I wash my face each morning (student chooses numeric value 1,2,3,4,or 5)

c. I wear clean underwear each day (student chooses numeric value 1,2,3,4,or 5)

d. I wash my hands after using the toilet (student chooses numeric value 1,2,3,4,or 5)

At the end of the questions a total number is given on the feedback page. Then a set of feedback paragraphs follow:

You scored "6"

If you scored 1 - 5
You are a slob. Take a bath, clean yourself up so the world doesn't run away from you.

If you scored 6 - 10
You have inconsistent cleanliness habits. You probably smell somewhere and should take a bath.

If you scored 11 - 15
You are lazy. Make it a point to clean up everyday.

If you scored 16 - 20
People don't mind being near you. Your mama taught you well.

*Is there a way to put this in Moodle format? Or is there an add-on for this? Or is this a job for a developer?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to queen sharbot

Re: Question lists that total answers, then results have different meanings

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello,
What you want falls in the general category of so-called "personality tests". At the moment there is no module in Moodle which will do exactly what you want.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by queen sharbot -
This was a 'dummy' example - it is not a personality test on the live site. There are several lessons where the student chooses a value for an action to be performed - there is a list of actions. How total sum of the values then can represent different categories of behaviour. But if the example can not be done then other questions in this format can not be done either.
Thank you for your response. I am left to assume this would be for the web developer to handle.

by Jeff Forssell -
I don't see any problem making this as a single quiz with "multiple choice" questions and setting different points for each alternative. The total quiz feedback can than give the wanted feedback. As long as there in only ONE variable parameter, which seems to be the case here.
In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jeff, you're right, it is (just) feasible to make this as a single quiz, with ONE variable parameter only. Here is a sreeenshot showing one sample question as it would be displayed to the students and the final results screen.
Joseph
PS.- I have started work to offer a "personality test" option in the Questionnaire module.
Attachment image00.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Moniya Thakur -

Thanks Joseph for really good screenshots.

Can you pls elaborate this in steps, how to make radio buttons in Quiz (multiple chioce question). Pls elaborate in details.

Thanks again........looking forward to see Personality test Questionaire soon smile

by Moniya Thakur -

Hi Queen,

After all headache, i got this logic to make personality type test in lesson module.

First of all, add question page give score as per the answers. e.g i used as option (a) score 1, option (b) score 2.......etc.

At the end of the lesson you will see the score as well as the grades of students. In grade book you can also see that grades but not that scores. So at this stage you have to use some logic. I used as e.g- total Q are 15 and answer options are 4......so 15x4=60 total scores.

Evaluation : Excellent: 55 - 60 in percentage 91%-100%

Mediocre: 30 -44 in percentage 50%-74%

Good: 45 - 54   in percentage 75% - 90%

Poor: 29 or below  in percentage below 49%

Percentage will shown in grade book. But the evaluation will not be in gradebook. Atleast we got, what we want.

I hope this is clear to everyone. If anyone want any help let me know

Cheers

Moniya