Feedback for guests

Feedback for guests

by Werner Winter -
Number of replies: 14
Hello,
how can I allow feedback for a guest course? Til now I got the message that guest are not allowed

Werner
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Werner Winter

Re: Feedback for guests

by Julian ter Huurne -
Hi Werner,

You may want to see if you have the mod/feedback:complete capability set to 'allow' for guests. You will find this in the "Administration / ▶ Users / ▶ Permissions / ▶ Define roles"

Good luck.

Cheers,

Julian
In reply to Julian ter Huurne

by Jeff Williams -

HAving an similar issue with Guest access to a Feedback Form.  Using Moodle 2.0.1. (Build 20101229).  Feedback is set to Anonymous entry.  Guest access is allowed at the site and course level.  Permissions are set to allow Guest to Complete Feedback Forms.  This permission is Allowed at the Course and Activity level.

The problem is that a Guest can open the web page with the Feedback Form activity but is unable to access the Feedback Form link.  The link does not appear. One must log in as an authorized user to be able to access the link.

What setting is preventing the Guest from viewing the Feedback link http://moodle.ito.lacoe.edu/las_virgenes_unified/mod/feedback/view.php?id=7464

In reply to Jeff Williams

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

AFAIK, the response permission is set using the

Complete a feedback
mod/feedback:complete

in the Guest Permissions. The default is NotSet and it probably inherits its permission from Authenticated User. Change that to Allow and it should be OK.

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Jeff Williams -

The permission level for Guest is set to Allow.  When in the Course, the Locally assigned roles only shows the following 3 roles: Teacher, Non-editing teacher; Student.  Should Guest role also appear here so the Guest can access the content in this Course?appear

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi,

there are some requirements to allow guests to complete a feedback.

1. the feedback has to be anonymous!
  2. the site has to allow guests to login
    one exception: If the feedback is located on the frontpage and the global feedback-setting "feedback_allowfullanonymous" is set to "Yes" then the guestlogin is not needed
  3. if the feedback is located in a course the courses has to allow guest-access

I hope it helps a bit.

Best regards
Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Jeff Williams -

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the settings.  I have verified that the settings you posted are set the way you suggested. The have been that way from the start.  Even with the settings matching the list above (from Andreas)  Anonymous users are not able to see the feedback in any browser.  I have checked settings at the site, course and activity level and am not able to see any conflict or parameter that would be preventing access.  I am completely puzzled as to why.

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry, but I just now see you use moodle2.0. There it is currently not possible to give guest-write-access on course-level sad. The only thing what would work is a feedback on the global frontpage.

Andreas

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Jeff Williams -

Would it be possible to place a feedback on the global frontpage, hide it AND map it to specific course where it can be accessible by guest login permissions?

by Jeff Williams -

I am log in under my account as Manager and visit the course page with the feedback activity.  I change my role to Guest and I can see the link to Answer the questions.  If I log out, visit the same Course page with the feedback activity, the link to answer the questions is NOT visible.  This despite verifying that all settings are set to Allow a Guest to answer a feedback activity, both in the Users/Permissions on the Home page and in the Feedback module locally.

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Jeff,

the switching to the guest role is not the same as a real guest.
For checking the permissions the feedback-module uses the moodle-function has_capability(). This function does not return true if the checked permission is a write-permission and the user is a real guest.
The feedback-capability "complete" is a write-permission.

Andreas
In reply to Werner Winter

by Stuart Mealor -
Late answer (sorry) but I'm trawling through the Feedback Forum as I'm working with the Feedback module at the moment...

I believe this behaviour may have changed now.
We have added a Feedback activity to the front page, and Guests are able to complete it.
We did not changes the Guest permissions to do this.

Stuart.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)