Fatal error when saving modifications

Fatal error when saving modifications

by Françoise Blin -
Number of replies: 1
Hi there,

I have just got the following error while trying to save the latest modifications in a group wiki:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/moodle/mod/wiki/ewiki/ewiki.php on line 2165

Actually, I am running into a few problems now that I am using it with real students...

I have 10 group wikis in one course and groups of students use it to upload some text files (we are creating a corpus for language learning). Most of the time, it works well, but there are a number of problems and I can't figure out whether they are bugs or if they are due to the settings in our labs (and our computer services people have been trying to figure it out too...).

One problem, which I think could be a bug:

Even though I set students' permissions so that they can delete pages, when they try to do it, they get the message: Hacker Alert!

One intermittent problem: it is sometimes impossible to upload a binary file in an attachment page. We get the message uplrejsect at the top of the attachment page instead of the usual 'your file has been successfully uploaded' (or something like that).

However, it is not happening all the time, never on the same machine and it never happens me when I am uploading files from outside the university (i.e. from home). So I think it may have something to do with our internal settings, but I can't be sure... (and of course, when our support people come to the lab or to my office, I can't replicate it!!)

Françoise

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Françoise Blin

Re: Fatal error when saving modifications

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi!
One colleague has one of the problems mentioned by Françoise, but I cannot replicate it. Upon uploading files to his wiki he gets the message uplrejsect at the top of the attachment page instead of the usual 'your file has been successfully uploaded'

Does anyone mean a) what this message means and b) what can be done about it???

Joseph