Glossary works in one class but not another

Glossary works in one class but not another

by chris engelsma -
Number of replies: 5
Here the issue:
I made a glossary. I set it to be global. The glossary highlights all the glossary-words throughout my entire site. This part works well. But, for some reason, in some courses, when you click on the glossary word, the popup window comes up, but there isn't anything in the window.
Now mind you, in some courses, the glossary entries work fine. You click on the word, and a nice little defn pops up. In other courses, you click on the same word, and a window pops up but there isn't anything in the window.
In that attached screenshot, you can see the grayed out words, and the popup window that comes up when I click on one of them.

Any ideas?
Attachment Capture.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to chris engelsma

Re: Glossary works in one class but not another

by chris engelsma -
Anyone else have this issue?
In reply to chris engelsma

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Murray,

If you are using Moodle 1.9.7... perhaps the cause for your "popup missing the entry" problem could be MDL-21029.

It was fixed 2 weeks ago and is included in current weeklies. So all you need to do it to update your server to the latest 1.9.7+ version available.

Hope it helps, ciao smile
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by chris nelson -

Hi

Thanks for this, I've been searching all night.

But, I need help. I've found the showentry.php but I don't understand it or the patch well enough to know how or where to add the patch in.

Can you help?

Thanks

Chris

In reply to chris nelson

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Chris,

I'd prevent you to try to apply the patch directly in your site. It depends of a lot of factors and you could end with it garbled completely. Instead, upgrading to the latest weekly 1.9.x+ version (as a whole) is the correct way to go.

Ciao smile