Shared user events

Shared user events

by Mark Johnson -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I've been asked to create a way of allowing a Tutor to create appointments with their tutees and have them display on Moodle as part of our PLP implementation. It strikes me that the calendar already has the ability to create user events, so I'm thinking of extending this functionality to allow a user to created "shared" events. The way it would work is something like this, taking my inspiration from Novell GroupWise:
  1. When creating an event, a user can select other users to share the event with
  2. The event is added to the creator's calendar, as a user event.
  3. The users the event is shared with receive an invitation the event, and a link to accept.
  4. When clicked, the link creates the event as a user event on the invited user's calendar.
Any thoughts and feedback on this idea would be appreciated. I've also created tracker issue MDL-20729 where I've brainstormed the idea with some notes about permissions. Please vote on the issue if you like the idea!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Johnson

Re: Shared user events

by Wendy Quinones -
I would like this capability very much. I would like my students to be able to add user events, such as times for studying, that I as teacher/administrator could also see. This doesn't seem possible just now.

WendyQ