Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent

Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent

by Higor Vaz -
Number of replies: 19
Hi, Im using Moodle 1.9.4, and when a student try to change his email it hangs "Pending" awaiting to him to click the link sent to the new email. The email and message is received but no link is sent....

When I "forget" the password the system sends the link to the email with no problem.

Any help...
Server: Linux/Apache
Tested on: FF3.5, IE8 and Google Chrome 2.0
Higor
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Higor Vaz

Re: Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent

by Chad Outten -
Picture of Testers
go to site admin block/security/site policies

ensure 'emailchangeconfirmation' is enabled. check box = yes
In reply to Chad Outten

by Higor Vaz -
Hi Chad, thanks for your answer.
It is enabled... and also in Admin > Users > Authentication > Authentication Manager.

But you helped me, for I didn't know this path and I disabled it and now the students are changing their emails well.
If possible I'd like to use this feature, another suggestion?
Higor
In reply to Higor Vaz

by Chad Outten -
Picture of Testers
Hi Higor! I don't understand what you now need to know. Can you please clarify what you want to achieve?
In reply to Chad Outten

by Higor Vaz -
When the student try to change his email the system await to him to click the link sent to the new email, the email is received but no link is. Your answer helped me for I disabled this feature and now the students are able to change their emails.

But Id like to use the email link feature, if it exists is for it is good, isnt it?

Thanks,
Higor
In reply to Higor Vaz

by Chad Outten -
Picture of Testers
yes - its a good feature. it will prevent an unauthorised person from changing the email address of a user account. when you say no link received in the email confirmation, is there a url string that can be copied & pasted in a web browser? im presuming the 'emailchangeconfirmation' parameter is set to 'yes' in global admin/site policies. the email confirmation should contain an active verification link.
Attachment mail-change-confirmation.jpg
In reply to Chad Outten

by Higor Vaz -
Yes Chad, the emailchangeconfirmation were set Yes.
Here is the email I receive, and how I told, no link /url sent with the message.
Attachment print.jpg
In reply to Higor Vaz

by Sarah F -

Hi, Higor,

I'm having the exactly problem, there's no url set in the message.

How can we solve this?

Thanks,

In reply to Sarah F

by Higor Vaz -
Sara I didnt solve this, the alternative found was deactivating the "Email Confirmation" on the Admin menu.
Peace.
In reply to Higor Vaz

Ynt: Re: Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent

by Orçun Madran -
Hi all,

I have the same problem. Is there any solution...
In reply to Orçun Madran

Ynt: Re: Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent

by Orçun Madran -
Hi again,

This problem is related to Language Settings. In English language there is no URL link problem. But the other langs such as Turkish etc. There ise no confirmation URL in the email message.

I am still trying to fix it. If I did, I will tell you via forum.

See all...
In reply to Orçun Madran

Re: Ynt: Re: Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent

by Jac Gubbels -
Find the Turkish language pack. On a linux box it can be in:

• [path to moodle]/lang/tr_utf8/ or
  • /var/moodledata/lang/tr_utf8/

Open the file auth.php and add the following to the end of line 103 that starts with $string['auth_emailupdatemessage']:
a->url
so in my case the whole line looks like:

$string['auth_emailupdatemessage'] = '$a->site\'deki kullanıcı hesabınız için e-posta adresinizde değişiklik isteğinde bulundunuz. Lütfen bu değişikliği teyit etmek için tarayıcınızda aşağıdaki URL\'yi açın. a->url

hope that helps!
In reply to Jac Gubbels

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent

by Orçun Madran -
Dear Jac,

It works. Thank you very much. I fixed it after your message. I modified some lines in edit.php. But your solution is better than this.

Thanks all.
In reply to Orçun Madran

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent

by Jac Gubbels -
and now without the syntax errors

so in my case the whole line looks like:

$string['auth_emailupdatemessage'] = '$a->site\'deki kullanıcı hesabınız için e-posta adresinizde değişiklik isteğinde bulundunuz. Lütfen bu değişikliği teyit etmek için tarayıcınızda aşağıdaki URL\'yi açın. $a->url';

hope that helps!
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jac Gubbels

Re: Change Email Confirmation Link not Sent - fix

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jac,

Thanks for sharing your solution to this problem. I'm going to move this discussion to the Languages forum in case other languages are affected too...
In reply to Jac Gubbels

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Changed in CVS.
Updating your language pack from tomorrow onwards should fix it. New Moodle installations won't be affected anymore.
In reply to Jac Gubbels

by Dusan Ristic -

I see this is one year old post, but problem is the same.

Users don't get url in their mail.

It's mooodle 2.0 build 2010112400 and languange sr_lt

I've tried with adding {$a->url} at the end of $string['auth_emailupdatemessage'] but it's not working:

$string['auth_emailupdatemessage'] = 'Dragi/a {$a->fullname},

Tražili ste promenu svoje e-adrese za Vaš korisnički nalog na {$a->site}. Molim Vas da otvorite sledeći URL u svom Web čitaču kako biste potvrdili ovu promenu. {$a->url}';

I've checked if $a->url is corectly creating at it is, but somehow when ading it to auth_email.php it doesn't show up.

Workaround was to change (moodle dir)/user/edit.php at line 226 where the message body is created, from:

$emailupdatemessage = get_string('auth_emailupdatemessage', 'auth_email', $a);

chenaged to :

$emailupdatemessage = get_string('auth_emailupdatemessage', 'auth_email', $a) . $a->url;

I know this isn't a solution, but needed a quick fix since we got about 1200 students changing their email addresses

In reply to Dusan Ristic

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Dusan,

good spot. There is a missing {$a->url} placeholder at the end of that string. I just created a patch for the language pack maintainer so hopefully that would be fixed soon.

Meanwhile, you can fix it at your site in a correct way:

1. revert the change of /user/edit.php
2. modify the file containing the string as you already did - appending the missing placeholder
3. now you have to go to "Site administration > Development > Purge caches" so that the changed language file is fetched again.

Since Moodle 2.0, the get_string() does not use the files in lang/xx/* folders directly but it process them and caches for better performance. Therefore you have to purge caches after any manual modification of the string files.
Updating language pack or whole Moodle purges caches automatically.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Dusan Ristic -

thnx David, I've totaly forgot about caches

In reply to Jac Gubbels

by Can ERDOGAN -

i wrote end of emailupdatemessage $a->url, and try all of a->url ,{a->url} , {$a->url}.. then i purged all caches, but didnt work.. 

the mail which has been sent 

"Ders Yönetim Sistemi'deki kullanıcı

hesabınız için e-posta adresinizde değişiklik isteğinde bulundunuz.
Lütfen bu değişikliği teyit etmek için tarayıcınızda aşağıdaki

URL'yi açın.a->URL

it didnt solve