News Forums

News Forums

by Natalie Potter -
Number of replies: 4
How come when i post a question in the news forum the administrators can reply but when i log on as a student there is not reply button? Can someone please help me
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Natalie Potter

Re: News Forums

by Melissa Benson -
News Forums are "special" forums. Students can not reply in them. http://docs.moodle.org/en/News_forum
In reply to Melissa Benson

by Dave Shearan -

Unless of course you want them to be able to reply in which case you can manage this via the permissions system, either for the whole site or for the news forum on the front page or for specific news forums within courses

Do you want students to be able to reply? If so in what circumstances (as per suggestions above) and are you comfortable with making changes to the roles/permissions mechanism?

In reply to Dave Shearan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Fair enough what Dave says -but if you want them to reply, why not just use one of the other forums where students can reply without the need to alter permissions?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Melissa Benson -
Agreed, unless there is some specific reason you want to use the News Forum. I don't like messing with roles but changing the permissions on just that activity, like Dave mentioned, would be a good solution.