Front Page showing Messages Pop-up withough logging in

Front Page showing Messages Pop-up withough logging in

by Adam Jameson -
Number of replies: 4
I had an administrator who messed up the front page of our Moodle page. They then proceed to restore from the backup. After that we are getting a pop-up for messages before the user even logs in. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I need help! Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Jameson

Re: Front Page showing Messages Pop-up withough logging in

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Actually -that happens to me on this site, Moodle.org smile I think it must remember your IP and as I type in my name before I type in my password the message box pops up if I have a message.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Adam Jameson -
Even though I don't have a message the pop-up window comes up? This just started happening after the front page was restored. I think that in the process of restoring the front page it got restored to the wrong course which was merged with the front page. Then restored to the correct page. Could there be something in the messaging system that sees the front page id as being wrong or something and triggering the messaging system? In the front page source before I login I am getting:

<div id="content"><script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
 openpopup('/message/index.php', 'message',
 'menubar=0,location=0,scrollbars,status,resizable,width=400,height=500', 0);
//]]>
</script>
In reply to Adam Jameson

by John Sanga -

Adam,

Were you able to resolve this problem? I had the exact same issue with restoring my Front Page and can not get this resolved.

John

In reply to John Sanga

by Kaalgat - -
Hi

We had the same issue. I commented out the following lines within lib/weblib.php (around line number 2703) :

// if (!empty($CFG->messaging)) {
// $output .= message_popup_window();
// }

This results in no message popup window being displayed on log in or if the user browses the site even if you have a message waiting for you, but it is better than getting that unnecessary popup each time on log in and log out.

We have a message box on the site that shows if you have messages waiting for you, and users can still get an email with each new message.

Kaalgat.
Attachment messages.jpg