TinyMCE and Moodle 2.0 file API

TinyMCE and Moodle 2.0 file API

by Nicolas Dunand -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello,

I'm presently looking into integrating NanoGong with the new Moodle 2.0 HTML editor (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=92516#p526139). This will basically be a TinyMCE editor plugin, saving files on the server, combined with a Moodle filter for proper display.

My concern is that this implies saving files on the server, and that I saw that "Each instance of the HTML editor will be told to store related files in a particular file area." (cf. http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:File_API#Integration_with_the_HTML_editor).

So my question is : where in the code/documentation should I look to learn
  • where exactly to save my HTML editor-related files
  • how to retrieve these afterwards (i.e. for displaying)

Regards,
N.-
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicolas Dunand

Re: TinyMCE and Moodle 2.0 file API

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You should probably do a repository plugin for Moodle 2.0. That would ensure that a recording could be made anywhere an audio file can be uploaded, including for embedding in HTML content.

But that would overlap greatly with the Audio Recording GSoC project. Are you sure you would not rather help mentor that project than do it yourself? wink

But, to answer your question, the files stuff is still work-in-progress, so the docs are incomplete, but watch Development:Convert_Draftarea_Files.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Nicolas Dunand -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks for your answer, Tim.

• As for making a Moodle 2.0 repository plugin, would that mean not saving my sound files in the "moodledata folder" ? I'm not sure I'm getting this right ...
  • Indeed that would be too great an overlap with the Audio Recording in Moodle GSoC projetc. I'd be glad if I could help mentor that, but not sure I'm not missing some moodle-core-knowledge.
  • In the meanwhile I'll be looking into the file stuff docs you pointed me to.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Repository plugins are the way to get data in to moodledata in Moodle 2.0.

by Rij Blr -

Hi Nicolas,

Wondering if you were able to develop the plugin for audio recording.

Thanks,
Rij