Crot: a new block for plagiarism detection.

Re: Crot: a new block for plagiarism detection.

by Yandi Lu -
Number of replies: 4

Hey Sergey,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I used the "Advanced uploading of files" for the assignment; it is set so that the students can upload only one file.  Cron logs appear to be normal.  At the end, it shows:

<!--StartFragment-->Cron script completed correctly
Execution took 1.916916 seconds

I meant "similarity score" when I said "percentage error."  My apologies for the confusion.

The similarity score is showing up now, but it is not picking up plagiarized posts.  I tested it by turning in a Wikipedia article under a "fake" student's account and it shows a similarity score of 0% when I log-in as the instructor.  When I click on the "0%", it says "no plagiarism have been detected OR check up was not performed yet" but the article was clearly plagiarized from Wikipedia.

How should I proceed from here? 

Much appreciated,

Yandi

In reply to Yandi Lu

by Sergey Butakov -

Crot has been tested with all 2.x versions. 

Again, I suggest your school to make a service request at crotsoftware.com and hopefully your problem will be taken care of.  

cheers,

Sergey

In reply to Yandi Lu

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Sergey Butakov -

Hi April,

the most common error in this case is infufficient time for the cron. make sure you croN is not interrupted.

cheers,

Sergey

In reply to Deleted user

by Yandi Lu -

Hi April,

Unfortunately, we were not able to resolve the issue at our institution.  As Sergey said, it is because of insuffient time for Cron.

We will continue tinkering with it at our university and see if something will work.  Will let you know if it does.

Yandi