Conditional activities: Activity Locking 1.9.3... untested

Conditional activities: Activity Locking 1.9.3... untested

by Cathii Scott -
Number of replies: 5

Because i couldn't find an Activity locking that suited my purposes I have simply taken the Activity Locking code from AL1.9 and put it in the relevent fiels for Moodle 1.9.3 (Build: 20081015). So far I have only tested very small bits of it, but will need to have this on a production server by Friday the 30/1/09....

If anyone has anytime can they install this hack and take it for a few laps of the block. I would appreciate all feedback possible.

The zip of the complete hack has ended up exceding the 100k upload limit so I am going to post it in two parts. Part1 attached to this post

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cathii Scott

Re: Conditional activities: Activity Locking 1.9.3... untested

by Cathii Scott -
Part two attached to this post.
In reply to Cathii Scott

by Chris Shaltry -
I loaded your module into the mod directory in the same version of Moodle you listed and I'm getting this error message. I am hosted with GoDaddy's HostingConnection. I'm relatively new to Moodle, so any assistance would be appreciated.

------
Module "activitylock" is not readable - check permissions
------
In reply to Chris Shaltry

by Cathii Scott -
What type of server are you using? Unix/Linux or windows? What are the permissions set on your files?

Usually on Unix/Linux doing chmod 555 (read and execute but not write ) should fix this problem... more secure would be chmod 554 (read only for public / read/execute for system/admin)
In reply to Cathii Scott

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
So how is the testing going? We would love to update. Running v1.9.2 right now.
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

by Cathii Scott -
Currently the locking seems to be working fine. The new teaching year has only just begun so if there are problems I am expecting them to show VERY soon!