Installing Face-to-face module

Installing Face-to-face module

by Michael Dumais -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Everyone, I was able to download and create a mod/facetoface directory with all the contents from the download in it.  When I visited the admin/index.php page to trigger the database installation, I was met with a completely blank screen. Generally, when I install a module, I see that the databases were successfully installed, etc..., but now I see nothing but a completely white, blank web browser. 

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks
Mike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Dumais

Re: Installing Face-to-face module

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well, that probably means that a fatal error is happening. If you turn on Debugging then you will probably see an error message instead of a blank screen, which may tell you what the problem is.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Chris Creed -
Hi

I have a blank screen with idex.php and the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in lib.php on line 974

Any ideas as I'm pretty, well useless when it gets down to the nitty gritty of php

kind regards

Chris
In reply to Chris Creed

by François Marier -
Hi Chris,

Which version of PHP are you using?

Cheers,
Francois
In reply to François Marier

by Pierre Clavet -
Hi François,

If I'm using version 4.4.9 will it cause the module not to work? Should I upgrade to 5?

Thank you for your work it's much appreciated and I can't wait to start using that module in our production environment.

Cheers,
Pierre
In reply to François Marier

by Pierre Clavet -
Alright, finally upgraded PHP and Moodle to latest. All is working well.

Pierre
In reply to Michael Dumais

by Jim Cook -

I know what all of you were thinking..."We will give him a day or two to figure it out on his own.  It will be a learning experience."

You were right...I figured it out.  I was not hitting Notifications link.  F to F is installed.

Till next time!

Jim