Moodle / DimDim permissions rights

Moodle / DimDim permissions rights

by Cristi A. -
Number of replies: 9
Hello...

I'm using moodle v1.9.3 and DimDim latest pack 4.5 [VMWare].

I added to my moodle installation the DimDim integration pack.

When I'm adding a new DimDim activity as an admin everything is OK. I add the meeting and the link with "Click here to Start Meeting" appears.

The problem is that with a teacher I can add a new DimDim activity, but instead of the click to start meeting it appears the join one: "Click here to Join Meeting".

So with the teacher I can only add a meeting, but I cannot start it. I can only join it.....

What can the problem be? I only have 1 sample course and the selected user it is set as a teacher there...

I really need to fix this issue ASAP

Thanks
Best regards,
Chris
Aceora Software
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cristi A.

Re: Moodle / DimDim permissions rights

by B Constantin -
I have the same issue sad I installed DimDim, configured it, but when adding a new meeting as a teacher, it only shows me JOIN, not START sad

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP
In reply to Cristi A.

by Clark Moodler -
Yes, I'm experiencing the same.
I don't see a way to fix this in roles permissions for instructors.

best,
clark
In reply to Clark Moodler

by Brigitte Baquero -
In reply to Brigitte Baquero

by Clark Moodler -
Excellent - passing this on to Moodlerooms, thanks, Brigitte!
In reply to Brigitte Baquero

by Lauren Panton -
Any updates on this? I tried the solution and it doesn't work for me - http://sourceforge.net/projects/dimdim/forums/forum/613324/topic/2071578. We are running Moodle 1.9.5
In reply to Lauren Panton

by Marc Grober -
Without knowing what you installed can't comment, though I know that the patch you mention did work on pre-4.5 code.

I can tell you that the code I uploaded to the tracker works with 1.9.7. Since you might want to upgrade to 1.9.7 for security reasons anyway, I suggest you upgrade your moodle then install the community edition 4.5 pack in tracker.
In reply to Lauren Panton

by Marc Grober -
Per http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=106221&parent=606605 you should find the 4.5 community edition (lightly modified) here:
http://tracker.moodle.org/secure/attachment/19025/Moodle_v1.9-Dimdim_v4.5+Open+source+Integration+Pack.zip

While this works with 1.9.7 and should work with 1.9.5 I would be interested to have you confirm that it does work with 1.9.5....

Use the admin gui to delete the module you have installed and then remove the dimdim folder from /mod... then install the files from the tracker zip and go back to notifications and things should work fine, though the defaults are a pain....

In reply to Marc Grober

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am grateful to Marc for keeping up with the DimDim integration. I have exchanged a few emails with Rajesh (the primary maintainer of the DimDim activity module) and trust that he will be updating things within the next couple of weeks. Rajesh shared with me that they have been working on some things and the results of which will hopefully be ready for public consumption soon. Peace - Anthony