TinyMCE in Moodle2

TinyMCE in Moodle2

by Mark Hudson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I have just installed Moodle2 for a bit of a play around and have a few questions about TinyMCE, the replacement HTML editor.

1. How do I edit tables? The current HTML editor has a comprehensive feature set for this in Full Screen Mode, but TinyMCE doesn't. Is this an accidental ommision or a backward step?
  2. I have downloaded a standalone version of TinyMCE to compare and wondrered why the Moodle version has stripped out most the font options?
  3. Also, in the 'full' version, it is possible to set modes for use - a very useful one being the 'Word-Like' operation. Are these going to be available in the Moodle version - settable at Admin level?

Cheers

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hudson

Re: TinyMCE in Moodle2

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Short answer is: The development version moodle 2.0 is still UNSTABLE

I'm sure Mathieu will add this kind of features later.

If you need those features right now, you can find init code of current tinymce (moodle 2.0)  from /lib/editor/tinymce/tinymce.js.php

Try to edit that file and add just before row

file_browser_callback : "moodlefilemanager",

the following tags:

fullscreen_settings : {
  theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "tablecontrols"
 },

It adds the needed buttons to 3rd row in fullscreen mode.

One target of editor change is to output valid XHTML code and therefore moodle 2.0 is using /lib/editor/tinymce/xhtml_ruleset.txt for valid xhtml tags. Also filters of moodle may strip some tags.

I guess we must just wait for the administration of settings in tinymce of moodle 2.0. It's a great editor with lots of new possibilities.smile

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

Re: TinyMCE in Moodle2

by Mark Hudson -

Many thanks for the prompt reply and the info to set this up.

I am trying to plan ahead for some college INSET later in the academic year so I am trying 2.0 just to see how different it will be. It seem pointless training with the current HTML editor if it is going to change by then.

Cheers!
Mark