Gmail - confirmation emails not coming through

Gmail - confirmation emails not coming through

by Tonya Harris -
Number of replies: 5
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but after sifting through various topics, I was unable to find a solution.  I am not able to receive the new account confirmation emails via gmail or a yahoo account.  Is this covered somewhere?  Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tonya Harris

Re: Gmail - confirmation emails not coming through

by eliana neves -

Hi have exactly the same problem. I´ve recently upgraded to 1.9.2

Can anyone help?

In reply to Tonya Harris

by Tonya Harris -

I did further testing with other accounts and received confirmations via AOL, Comcast, MSN/Hotmail. Also successful at my work email and another friends work email.  No confirmation via Yahoo account and haven't tested Bellsouth yet. 

In reply to Tonya Harris

by Sylvain Houmeau -
Just to let you know that since the beginning i have had no troubles with Gmail. In fact we had troubles with other providers (like AOL - still isn't working with them) and suggested all our users to open a Gmail account to receive the mails from our moodle site. Then change the settings in their Gmail account to forward everything to their regular addresses (like hotmail and aol).
I was told by my host that it is actually a matter of relation between them (the company that hosts our moodle site) and the other providers.
For instance, Free (ISP) constantly blocks forums posts and discards them as spam!
In reply to Sylvain Houmeau

by Tonya Harris -

Thanks for your reply. This is frustrating in that we have users from all over coming to the site.  So it is impossible for us to know or control the mail server they are using.  We are hosted with Hostgator.  I'll have to check with them to see if they can provide some insight although I doubt they'll so anything. 

Can anyone tell me how to add a note on the page that indicates an email was sent to tell any user who doesn't receive the confirmation email to call our offices for manual confirmation?

Thanks

In reply to Tonya Harris

by E. L. Cooper -
Yahoo and google both re write the subject line and drop the confirmation into spam which is a deadly combination. On a busy site like the multi state practice bar site I worked with I put a sidebar announcement with a support email address and I also did screen cast recordings showing those details ( a standard confirmation email, a yahoo and a gmail)