Windows server: JavaScript errors with IE 7 & Moodle 1.9.2+

Windows server: JavaScript errors with IE 7 & Moodle 1.9.2+

by Bret Stateham -
Number of replies: 2

Hey all,

I am having another interesting problem with my new moodle install.  In IE7, I get a javascript error on ALL pages (I think) so the URL doesn't really matter.  But it certainly happens on the home page so http://moodlevpc/ is an example of a URL on which the problem occurs.  IE 7 Reports the "Done, but with errors on the page" message in the status bar.  If I double click to see the message, this is what I get:

Line: 2
Char: 1
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0
URL: http://moodlevpc/

Of course if I look at the source of the page, line 2 is the <html> tag.  So I don't really expect any javascript errors there.  I am assuming it is in one of the JavaScript files that is referenced by the page?

This error does APPEAR to be happening in FireFox 3.0 on the same client/server.  At least not as far as I can tell. 

Win2K3 / IIS 6 / SQL05 / Moodle 1.9.2+ (20080903) / PHP 5.2.6

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bret

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bret Stateham

Re: Windows server: JavaScript errors with IE 7 & Moodle 1.9.2+

by Ian Wellaway -

Hi,

I get the same problem. Have you found a way to fix it?

Cheers

Ian

In reply to Ian Wellaway

Re: Windows server: JavaScript errors with IE 7 & Moodle 1.9.2+

by Jeanie Cole -

We found that the extra java script was getting inserted into .html blocks on the pages.  When you view the .html. block as .html, you can see the extra javascript and delete it.  This is the block that is often added for course information or site information.  We have also had this javascript show up on a .html page that we created in Moodle (same fix works for it).

This is an example of a block of javascript that I deleted.  It serves no purpose in the .html code.

We recently had it show up on our main site when users try to log in.  The script (below) had been inserted into the Front Page .html block.  I deleted it, and everything is working now.

script-full;init:.jpg