Show Advanced Button not Visible

Show Advanced Button not Visible

by Zachary Baiel -
Number of replies: 7
Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup a new course for one of our Spanish teachers using groups and grouping, however, the Show Advanced button is not visible under the Common Module Settings for all of the resources and activities.

I am using a couple week old weekly build, 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080813). I am going to update to the latest weekly build after school today, but I thought I would put this out there just in case.

I do not see the Hide Advance button like the image below:

Grouping

Thank you in advance!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zachary Baiel

Re: Show Advanced Button not Visible

by Lori Lieving -

I am having the exact same problem.. updated to version 1.9.2 and how the advanced settings option is no longer visible. Also having problems accessing any module settings on the questionnaire module.

Anyone who can help?

by Ann Adamcik -
I think you will only see the advanced button in the common module settings area if you have groupings enabled on the site (Site Administration -> Miscellaneous -> Experimental -> Enable Groupings).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ann Adamcik

by Lori Lieving -
I do have that option enabled already, still no advanced settings
In reply to Lori Lieving

by Zachary Baiel -
Once I enabled the Groupings settings in the administration portion of Moodle, I could see the button. Thanks for the information Ann!

@Lori: Are you running the latest weekly build or last stable one of 1.9.2?

by Lori Lieving -

How can I tell? We updated on Friday evening of last week, and ever since then we have had several "quirky" problems (bandwidth issues, loss of the advanced settings option, certain assignments don't work like they did before the update, etc.)

We went through Remote Learner to handle the update...

In reply to Lori Lieving

by Zachary Baiel -
@Lori: If you go to admin/index.php, there is a version and build number. Mine is Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080813).

I would upgrade to the latest weekly stable build if you haven't already. That might fix the issue.

Odp: Re: Show Advanced Button not Visible

by Paweł Zakrzewski -
I have the same problem.

Firebug report that
"showAdvancedInit is not defined ()"

If I enable setting "enablegroupings ", problem also occur.